By submitting an entry to the StreetFoto International Street Photography Awards (StreetFoto Awards), the entrant agrees to the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions of use constitute a legal agreement between the entrant and StreetFoto San Francisco, its organizers, and and its affiliates.
- Submitting an entry to the StreetFoto Awards does not guarantee that the image will be a finalist in the contest, win a prize, or be exhibited.
- The StreetFoto Awards are open to entrants over the age of 18 from any country.
- Each entry must be original and authored by the entrant.
- An entered photograph may have been taken at any time. There is no requirement for an image to have been captured within a particular time period.
- Any entry may have been previously published, as long as the entrant owns the copyright for it and has the legal right to enter it.
- Entries may not be heavily “photoshopped” or digitally manipulated beyond commonly accepted darkroom techniques. Allowable adjustments include things like modest cropping, adjusting exposure, contrast, and saturation, noise reduction, and conversion from color to black and white. Disallowed manipulations would include moving, adding, or subtracting elements of of an image to create a scene that did not exist at the time the photograph was made.
- Entered images should be borderless, or have a border that would be the sort created by normal darkroom printing.
- Entered images should not contain watermarks or signatures.
- No refund of entry fees will be issued to entrants for photos submitted that do not meet these terms and conditions.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Entries, whether digital or film images, must be submitted as jpg files.
- Any work from another artist included in the image must only be a component of the frame, and not the subject.
- Entered images must not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- Defamatory, sexually explicit, obscene, or abusive subject matter will disqualify an image at the discretion of StreetFoto.
- Contest finalists will be asked to send a high resolution jpg. file (250-300dpi) of any image chosen as a finalist. Finalist images will be displayed at StreetFoto San Francisco at no cost to entrants.
- All submitted images remain the intellectual property of the author.
- Entrants grant grant StreetFoto San Francisco permission to utilize entered images for five ( 5) years for promotional purposes only, including but not limited to worldwide festival promotion. StreetFoto San Francisco will not be required to pay any additional compensation in connection with such uses. You, as the photographer, will always be credited, and at no time will your image be used for any purpose other than promotion of the festival.
- Each entrant grants StreetFoto the right to use his or her name and likeness for promotional purposes, up to five (5) years from submission festival, with no additional compensation.
- StreetFoto reserves the right to disqualify any participant at its discretion, without notice, for reasons of unsuitable conduct, conflict of interest, or failure to comply with rules.
- StreetFoto reserves the right to cancel the StreetFoto San Francisco Festival or modify these terms and conditions at its discretion.
By participating, entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless StreetFoto San Francisco, it’s organizers, Thinktanq Corporation, all respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, damages, and injuries arising out of their participation in this festival.
You agree to fully indemnify StreetFoto with respect to all royalties, fees and any other monies owed to any person or entity.
The Organizers (StreetFoto and all affiliates) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to festival entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. The Organizers are not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other persons’ computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading, or downloading of any materials related to this festival.